Government talks: still no sign of FG/FF striking deal
Prospect of second election looms amid deadlock over water charges
Negotiations on the formation of a Fine Gael-led minority government have resumed this evening with no sign of a resolution to the ongoing impasse over water charges – and an increasing belief within Leinster House that there will be a second election shortly.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive