Fitzgerald silent on three judges who wanted Court of Appeal job
Former attorney general Whelan will earn up to €41k more in new court role
Tánaiste Frances Fitzgerald did not inform the cabinet that three High Court judges were interested in the Court of Appeal vacancy to be filled by former attorney general Máire Whelan.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive