The first glimpse of Varadkarism
Many called it a boring budget, but it did give us a few early clues as to Leo Varadkar’s political train of thought
During the recession-era budgets, TDs used to get angry phone calls to their offices and countless emails from unhappy lobby groups. One Fine Gael minister recalled how voters would pass by silently in the street and avoid making eye contact.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.