Finally some reward for risk takers
Cautious steps aimed at entrepreneurs who are central to the growth of the economy
Released on budget day, the Department of Finance’s report on the review of tax and entrepreneurship provides some interesting insight on the meaning of “entrepreneurship” and “an entrepreneur”. The report references the economist William Baumol as describing an entrepreneur “as an individual who organises, operates and assumes the risk of creating a new business”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive