Our family always came from a position of being strong unionists, but considerate and tolerant of other people’s opinions
Growing up in a Presbyterian family on a farm in South Armagh during the Troubles taught independent Senator Ian Marshall the values of tolerance and pragmatism and they have served him well, both in his time as head of the Ulster Farmers’ Union and now as a member of Seanad Éireann
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive