Extension of state subsidies to offshore wind farms seen as sign of policy change
Subsidies worth €277 million are currently paid to onshore wind farms
Minister for Climate Change Denis Naughten has said he will provide state subsidies for offshore wind and wave farms.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.