Endgame now looms for coalition of the unwilling
A minority government to return Enda Kenny as Taoiseach is a real possibility
It’s a scene that has gone down in Irish political folklore: the music-filled train carriage from Killarney to Dublin specially chartered by Jackie Healy-Rae on his first day in the Dáil on June 26, 1997.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive