Elaine Byrne: Toxic bank, toxic culture
Fintan Drury hinted he may have been out of his depth at Anglo but was an expert at accessing senior politicians
Just before Christmas 2005, the new chief executive of Anglo Irish Bank delivered better-than-expected full-year results. David Drumm promised more of the same in the years to follow. Anglo was taking over the world. New offices had just opened in Birmingham, Manchester and New York. What was it about Anglo’s model that made it so successful?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.