'If the eighth amendment is to go the Oireachtas will have to show its hand'
The difficult part is the work that needs to be done between now and a referendum, writes Mary Regan
It is now all but certain that a referendum on abortion will take place - most likely in the first half of next year.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive