Early momentum with Varadkar in Fine Gael race
But with two weeks to run, Camp Coveney is not panicking yet, says Hugh O'Connell
After Enda Kenny declared on Wednesday evening that he would resign as Fine Gael leader, the declarations of support for his two potential successors came thick and fast at Leinster House yesterday.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive