Donohoe’s officials warn against new cuts to USC and income tax
Government only has an estimated €500 million for tax cuts and spending increases in the forthcoming budget
The Minister for Finance and Public Expenditure Paschal Donohoe has been warned by his officials that more income tax and USC cuts could damage the tax system.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive