Crisis averted on divisive issue of abortion - for now
Ministers have agreed to block bill from PBP/AAA, writes Michael Brennan
Government ministers have managed to agree to block a private bill seeking to hold a referendum on the divisive issue of abortion.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.