Budget 2017 is all about keeping the show on the road
This is a budget of its time from a government that very few care about, writes Hugh O'Connell
Today’s budget will aim to spread what little money is available to as many people as possible and will do very little electorally for any of the parties involved in it.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.