'A classic civil servant' - Britain's new man in Brussels
Barrow was ambassador to Russia at height of Ukraine crisis
Britain’s new ambassador to the EU, Sir Tim Barrow, is a career diplomat who joined the Foreign Office in 1986 and served as Britain’s ambassador to Russia from 2011 to 2016. He had previously been ambassador to Ukraine.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive