Citigroup warns giveaway budget could be start of another bubble
Bank’s Europe expert say refusal to burn bondholders was ‘only reasonable call’
US banking giant Citigroup has urged the government to keep a tight rein on fiscal policy ahead of the budget to avoid repeating the mistakes of the past.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive