The centre holds as both of the largest parties make gains
Only time will tell if this is part of a trend back to a largely two-party system
Summer often sees the main parties do well, as while the Dáil is not in session, it is far harder for them to get the public’s attention.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.