Central Bankers clash with Finance over mortgage data
Internal emails give insight into ongoing discussions over the bank’s rigorous lending limits
The Central Bank was reluctant to provide the Department of Finance with detailed information on the impact of onerous mortgage lending rules ahead of a pre-budget meeting between the Minister for Finance and the Central Bank governor, confidential emails reveal.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive