Calleary: I’m Fianna Fáil, so of course I don’t trust Varadkar or Fine Gael
Fianna Fáil’s new deputy leader says the Taoiseach lacked courage while minister for health
Dara Calleary thinks Frances Fitzgerald deserved to be removed as tánaiste, that Leo Varadkar lacks courage and ran away from the health crisis, and that neither the Taoiseach nor his party can be trusted. Offering his assessment of the nearly two-year-old confidence and supply arrangement with Fine Gael, he bluntly remarked: “We’ve identified problems, they do nothing about them.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive