Budget 2016 and the consequences of taxation policy choices
We need to set personal tax rates at levels that are likely to generate economic growth, writes Conor O’Brien of KPMG
Budget 2016 is the first time that we see most Irish taxpayers reaping significant fruits from Ireland’s economic recovery. Tax cuts for low and middle incomes will result in more money in the pockets of individuals, many of whom have seen their after tax incomes significantly eroded by a series of pay cuts and tax rises over the past number of years.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive