Britain’s rancorous party schisms have unexpected Irish echoes
Michael Collins and Arthur Griffith would have understood well how riven British politics has become over one core issue
Westminster has had more than its fair share of dramatic moments in recent months. But even the most jaded of lobby hacks took a sharp intake of breath on Wednesday when three Tory MPs announced that they were leaving the party. The trio joined eight Labour rebel MPs in a new independent grouping on the House of Commons’ famous green leather rows.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.