Better August, but tax still falling short
Income tax and excise duties still lower than expected, but Vat ahead of targets
As finance minister Paschal Donohoe steps up preparations for Budget 2018, figures from the Department of Finance show that tax revenue is still behind target for the year so far, though the gap has narrowed slightly due to a better than expected tax take in August.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.