Banking Inquiry: had Hurley more to say?
Banking Inquiry Week 17
John Hurley is a man of two halves. Thursday’s morning session at the banking inquiry focused on his nine years as governor of the Central Bank. The words “don’t recall” and “don’t know” featured strongly. The inquiry asked his successor to spell out the powers that the governor actually has.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.