Abolishing pay inequality sounds like a noble call – but it could hit you in the pocket
Finance Minister Paschal Donohoe knows that every extra euro given to end the two-tier pay system in the public sector is an extra euro less for tax cuts and increases on spending on services
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive