A budget crafted with votes in mind
The detail of Budget 2016 was shaped with one eye on the upcoming general election
In the run-up to Budget 2016, there was much speculation on its likely impact on the pockets of Irish citizens – and by the time Michael Noonan and Brendan Howlin finally unveiled the budget last Tuesday afternoon, much of the detail had already made its way into the public domain.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.