5,300 people appointed to public service out of 64,000 applicants
Large numbers of temporary workers hired to fill lower level positions
An increasing number of senior civil service posts are being filled by non-civil servants, with large numbers of temporary workers hired to fill positions at lower levels, new figures confirmed.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive