Children received €570 on average for First Holy Communion
A new survey shows parents spent €845 on the occasion, a rise of 1% on 2016
Irish children received an average of €570 in gifts for their First Holy Communion this year, an increase of four per cent on 2016, while parents spend €845 on the occasion, broadly unchanged from last year, new figures show.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.