World Cup another chance to bash Putin and Russia
Last weekend, Donald Trump stormed out of the G7 meeting, declaring Russia should have been at the table. He had a point
Somehow it never stops, that endless stream of anti-Russian propaganda so beloved in the West. Apparently Russia is the root of all evil, Putin is a megalomaniac and we need to keep one eye open when we sleep in our beds. I spent a childhood waiting for the Warsaw Pact tanks to roll in, they never did. Of course, it subsequently emerged that the USSR hardly had enough fuel for their engines. Some threat, some evil empire that.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive