Wooing the grumpy middle
The budget offered concrete evidence that austerity is no longer the central fact of policy making
‘A political budget!” screamed opponents and commentators. As if the single biggest expression of political choice a government makes in the course of the year could be anything otherwise. All budgets are political: they are the judgments of politics applied to the realities of economics.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.