Who will tackle the All Blacks’ cynical brutality?
Almost 50 years ago an Irish headmaster sent off a legendary Kiwi lock. We need more of his ilk today
The bad taste still lingers. It was all hugely anticipated, tickets for Lansdowne Road last weekend were gold. There were almost no injuries going into the game and superb weather conditions. The script was as perfect as it ever gets. The world champions were in town and after Chicago, Irish rugby was poised to take a step onto dizzying heights.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive