Will the new Garda boss be allowed to do his job?
Drew Harris may have to contend with a defend-the-citadel culture among some some senior serving members of the force
Ever since he became RTÉ’s go-to-man on Garda controversies, I have been influenced by the commentary of retired chief superintendent John O’Brien. I like his bluff commonsense and authoritative-sounding analysis.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive