Who is the new EU Brexit negotiator sending shivers around London?
Appointment of Michel Barnier shows EU means business
The last time Frenchman Michel Barnier was appointed to a position that allowed him to materially affect the interests of both Westminster and the City of London was in December 2009.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.