Jane Ruffino: Why internet safety is so important
WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger are vital for many of the world’s 65 million displaced people
Today, 2.5 billion people in the world use messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Viber. By 2018, that could rise to 3.6 billion. One in seven people on the planet uses WhatsApp, much to the consternation of the kind of panic merchants who love to report on our alleged ‘addiction’ to digital communication.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.