What’s the point of an election that would almost certainly see FF and FG having to work together again?
A general election will not lead to a radically different political landscape
As a starting point in any general election campaign, a Taoiseach whose party has lost two percentage points and has just over one quarter of voters’ support is in a very poor place indeed. Still more worrying is a poll finding that you are within one per cent (or the margin of error) of the support level for your chief rival, Fianna Fáil. But that is the bleak landscape revealed in today’s Sunday Business Post Red C poll.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive