We’ll miss her when she goes
In a world grown tired of spin, the German chancellor somehow seemed above politics
German largesse was being exploited by the feckless subjects of Europe’s periphery, and Angela Merkel’s job was to stop it: this was the narrative of the euro crisis advanced by the top-selling German tabloid Bild.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive