A week of gaffes throws the Alliance off track
Government TDs need to concentrate on bread-and-butter issues like the rail dispute
Independent Alliance Minister John Halligan could get away with proclaiming his belief in aliens and even planning a madcap visit to North Korea. But he has now joined the ranks of luminaries like former EU Commissioner Padraig Flynn by upsetting Mná na hÉireann.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive