Tom McGurk: A United Ireland becomes a possibility if Brexit proves a disaster for the North
Post Brexit, both North and South are only united in uncertainty – but that could change quickly
There was a truly revealing, if not astonishing, Brexit moment in the House of Commons last week. One of the three Brexit ministers, David Davies, was asked at a select committee hearing by Labour’s Hilary Benn if he had a trading plan in place in the event of no agreement with the EU in the negotiations and Britain having to crash out. Davies calmly replied no.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive