Pat Rabbitte: Water report plays into FF’s hands
Only the Trotskyists now threaten to prevent the water issue being settled before Fianna Fáil gets back into government
‘Unless you were on the dark side of the moon, of course you knew the context in which we were established.” The chairman of The Expert Commission on Water, , was not mincing his words. He was making no secret of the fact that common sense required the members of the commission to take into account the political sensitivities. The result is that, notwithstanding the qualifications of the members, the exercise might more accurately have been called The Political Commission on Water.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.