Water charges farce sends us back to 1977
A reckless election promise by Fianna Fáil means that 90 per cent of households will pay nothing for water
The scrapping of water charges is one of the most blatant acts of political vandalism in decades.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive