A war with doctors puts us all at risk
We all need to be concerned about the state of the health service, even if we have Rolls-Royce health insurance ourselves
Figures from the Health Insurance Authority of Ireland show that, at the end of September 2018, some 2.2 million of us had a private health insurance policy. That is 45.4 per cent, or almost one in two of the population.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.