Leo Varadkar’s vision is not that of Declan Costello’s Just Society
In the Taoiseach’s Republic of Opportunity, owning a home would seem to be the preserve of the middle class
Leo Varadkar set out his stall for the leadership of Fine Gael at the 2014 MacGill Summer School. The speech, How to Restore Trust Between Governors and Governed, was his first substantive attempt at establishing an overarching political ethos which would ultimately serve as his guiding beliefs as Taoiseach.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive