US’s ugly record fuels the North Korean fire
When Kim Jong-Un rattles his sabre, he is well aware of the appalling havoc wreaked by the United States in his native land
Some weeks ago, between his rounds of golf, US president Donald Trump vowed that if North Korea made any more threats, they would “be met with fire and fury, and frankly, power the likes of which the world has never seen”. It was remarked at the time that no other US president had spoken like this since Harry Truman warned the Japanese in 1945, between Hiroshima and Nagasaki, either to surrender or face “a rain of ruin from the air, the likes of which has never been seen on this earth”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive