Unlike the old bulldog, Johnson lacks teeth
As the British parliament finishes for the summer and Boris Johnson exits with a whimper, what is happening to Brexit?
The British parliamentary custom of affording ministers who have resigned from government the opportunity to make a statement in the House of Commons is a good one. More often than not it adds to our knowledge of the issue that caused the resignation. Usually these issues are not trivial and people can make up their own minds concerning whether the statement is simply settling old scores.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive