Unholy blunder in the Holy City
Though widely condemned, Trump’s controversial move on Jerusalem might just lift up the gates on a peace process
Not so long ago, I brought several representatives from the Israeli religious right to a Dublin pub to listen to traditional music. They are influential figures in Israeli public life and were here to learn about the Northern Ireland peace process. They sat among the musicians and watched close-up in awe as they played. The musicians let them hold their instruments and explained the materials they were made from and why they made the sound they did.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.