Trump’s White House stands firm against winds of change
The #MeToo and #TimesUp movements are changing American society, but someone forgot to tell President Trump
Last Wednesday, Rob Porter, the White House staff secretary, resigned after allegations surfaced that he had physically abused both of his ex-wives and an ex-girlfriend. The allegations were supported by compelling evidence. On Friday night, another senior West Wing staffer, speechwriter David Sorensen, also resigned, following allegations that he had physically assaulted and terrorised his ex-wife.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive