Trump’s loyalty to bin Salman even though ‘maybe he did, maybe he didn’t’ shows the depths of his nihilism
In early October, Donald Trump made a particular boast at one of his rallies: he told supporters he had recently reminded the ageing Saudi king Salman that he and his dynasty wouldn’t last two weeks were it not for American support.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive