McDowell: 'Trump is not a natural ally of Irish interests'
We are being cast adrift on very turbulent seas, writes Michael McDowell
Let me show a little of my politics on my sleeve. The night that Barack Obama was elected eight years ago, I watched US media through the night. When it became obvious that Obama was a sure thing in the early hours, I was watching alone when, to my utter surprise I started crying – tears of relief and happiness.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.