Brexit gulf is no laughing matter
With the Tories seemingly uninterested in Ireland’s post-Brexit fate, things look grim for us
Boris Johnson’s quick-stop visit to Dublin on Friday demonstrated, as if it were necessary, that our government should take nothing for granted when dealing with the hardline Brexiteers in Theresa May’s Tory cabinet. Although some of the proceedings at Iveagh House looked light-hearted, the underlying gulf between Britain and Ireland in relation to Brexit is no laughing matter.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive