Mary Regan: 'Time for new Taoiseach to define what he stands for'
Leo Varadkar is displaying an inexplicable reluctance to tie himself to any political position
There is nothing that Irish politicians love more than getting fawning press coverage abroad – and nothing they hate more than not being equally adored at home.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive