It’s time we helped Britain to get a good deal on Brexit
Our politicians should be putting the country first, and stand up for May and her vision of what Brexit means
Well, it was certainly an eventful week. The inevitable, much-postponed day of reckoning between the true believers in Brexit and their more lukewarm colleagues in London finally came about. Two pro-Brexit heavyweights, David Davis and Boris Johnson, fell on their swords and a number of more junior ministerial colleagues followed suit. While Davis will be a loss and is patently sincere, the Brexit cause will lose nothing from the loss of Johnson who has played the buffoon too often to be taken seriously.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.