Ray Bassett: Time to get off the EU train
Ireland’s interests are very different from those of the other member states and the EU as an institution
A future must be decided by us, not for us. This is the slogan of the Scottish first minister in relation to Brexit, as Nicola Sturgeon demands a separate Scottish presence at the negotiations. She has argued that Brexit is too important for Scotland just to sit on the sidelines. What a striking contrast she makes with our own passive leadership and the abdication of our national responsibility to the EU.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.